Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thing #9: Finding Feeds

-Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use?
If I was interested in browsing, that would be the easiest way to find anything. The search tools were not as user-friendly as one would hope.

-Which Search tool was the easiest for you?
The Search tool that I liked best was the Bloglines search tool, followed by Technorati. I only partially liked topix, it is only useful if I just wanted news headlines, but I’ve already subscribed to the ones I’m interested in on my RSS reader. I also did not like Syndic8 – except for the tag cloud. There wasn’t really a way to search on there – mostly just browsing, which I don’t enjoy.

-Which was more confusing?
Definitely the Syndic8. It mostly seemed like it was reporting on WHAT people had done, without allowing someone to search for interesting things.-What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds?

Another way I found newsfeeds was by going to various websites I was interested in and then looked for a way to add RSS feeds.

No comments: