Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thing #14: Technorati

Yes, I know, I went out of order. I panicked and did another easy one so I could feel like I got something accomplished...
But on to Technorati!
The search feature does give me different results in the different areas, I suppose because the search tool is designed to search specific areas of people’s blogs. I like this, because if I am specifically looking for a post about something, then I don’t end up with a bunch of videos, unless I click on the videos tab. It is nice that it – in a way – is filtering or categorizing the results for me, so I have less to wade through.
What I find interesting is the wide variety of topics. True, the number of topics are as different as the people that are writing blogs. I was a little surprised at some of their top 100 blogs. Some of the topics were absolutely uninteresting to me, yet they are among the most popular out there. Also, some of the tags that people were using were not what I would have used as a tag for that blog post or photo. But I also discovered that in the Delicious exercise. That is one thing that makes the internet both fascinating and intimidating.
Overall, I found Technorati to be interesting, and it is something I’ll share with my husband. (As if he needs something else to read on the internet!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, at least you attepted to go in order. Try making sense out of mine!